Sunday 5 January 2014

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation



I can't even begin to explain how many foundations I have tried and tested over the years. I have tried everything from high end expensive foundations to high street brands, but I have never found a foundation I have fallen totally in love with, until now!

I have always been stuck in the mind set of 'you get what you pay for' when it comes to good quality beauty products, but recently I've tried a lot of high street brands and I never thought I'd say it, but yes, I'm starting to change my mind. I think it's just finding something that works for you regardless of the price. This foundation only costs £8.99 from Boots/Superdrug and Rimmel products are usually on 3 for 2, therefore you can stock up on some new products without breaking the bank or feeling too naughty.

This foundation gives a beautiful flawless, natural and dewy finish to the skin. I would say it has a light to medium coverage but I also find it buildable if you wanted a slightly higher coverage. I'm quite lucky to be blessed with pretty good skin, so I personally don't see the point of covering it in something heavy. The shade I have got is '103 True Ivory'. I find this a really good colour match for my pale skin tone. I apply this foundation with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, which immediately makes my skin look more radiant with a flawless finish. 

I also really like the packaging of this product, the glass bottle makes it appear a little more expensive and I also love the pump dispenser, this lets you control how much product you need with no mess or wastage. I have found with a lot of high end brands you have to buy the pump separately which I personally find very annoying!

I have been using Rimmel Wake Me Up for a few months now and I don't have any bad things to say. I absolutely love this foundation and it will definitely be a staple in my makeup bag for a long time! 

Thank you for reading this post, I hope you found this somewhat helpful :)
Have any of you used this foundation? If so, what were your thoughts?

Rosina


Click HERE if you would like to purchase this foundation.



1 comment: